Sunday, February 27, 2005

No swimming until an hour after you eat!




Last night I dreamt about this scene. It had apparently been just a regular park with a pond, but was now converted into what you see. Essentially, a lot of fast food places had set up shop, with KFC actually setting up in the pond with a wharf leading to it. Also installed was a giant flat screen t.v., placed in the pond as well. In the dream, I had been travelling with the family of a longtime friend and we had stopped here for a break. It was all new to me. The purpose of the redesigned park was to offer people a place to come and eat, hang out, and watch television. There was also a lot of trash around, as tends to happen around take out joints. I remember thinking in the dream "This was probably a cool place before," and also "Was this really necessary? Couldn't people just hang out here without the restaurants and t.v.?" Unfortunately, it seems my dreams have taken an activist turn.

No comments: