Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson


1937 or 1939 - 2005



Here's an oldie but a goodie.





This is from cbc.ca:

Neighbours in Thompson's Woody Creek neighbourhood said a broken leg had recently kept him from going out as often as in the past, including to his favourite tavern. Mike Cleverly, a longtime friend, spent Friday night watching a basketball game on TV with Thompson. He said Thompson was clearly hobbled by the broken leg. "Medically speaking, he's had a rotten year," he said. But he added: "He's the last person in the world I would have expected to kill himself. I would have been less surprised if he had shot me."

Hilarious. But I, like the jerk that I am, summed it up more appropriately: "The best thing about Hunter S. Thompson was Johnny Depp." But seriously, one medically bad year is all it takes for suicide? Pff. Pussy.

Sorry Hunter. Please don't come back to haunt me with that eerie scream.

No comments: